The Old Fire Station is home to two organisations; Arts at the Old Fire Station and Crisis Skylight Oxford. Working in partnership these organisations manage a refurbished building including a small Theatre, Dance Studio, Gallery, Shop, Six Artists Workshops, and a variety of classrooms including a music workshop, carpentry workshop, IT suite and Art Room and a Café. We are looking for people with bright ideas to join our small but enthusiastic team.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are keen to represent Oxford’s diverse community, and are committed to meeting access requirements.
Artist Studio Space
An invitation to artists, makers and designers to rent space at the Old Fire Station.
The studio is 3mx3m and constructed of 2m high chipboard panels in one shared space. It contains:
- A lockable storage pod
- A fold away desk
- A lamp
- Space for large flat items (eg canvas)
- Electricity supply and data access point
- 24 hour access through staff only entrance
- Easily accessible toilet facilities
- Shared use of tea making facilities and separate artists’ sink
- Car parking space for short term loading only
The studios are not suitable for artists that create a lot of noise, dust, smell or wet mess.
Rent is £200 pcm (including utilities and cleaning of shared areas)
Our exhibition spaces and shop may present opportunities for you to showcase and/or sell work. We particularly welcome applications from artists who show an interest in engaging in the wider work of the Old Fire Station.
If you would like to view the space, please contact email@example.com
If you would like to rent the space please send us the following details:
- your CV (including contact details)
- a statement about your practice (no more than 500 words)
- up to 8 images of your work as jpeg, pdf or web link
- the name of one referee
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12noon on Monday 8 July.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 18 July.
Front of House Assistant
Part time, £9.69/hr
We are seeking a Front of House Assistant to join our friendly, welcoming team.
Arts at the Old Fire Station values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for any vacancies.
How to apply:
1. Send the application form (above) to: email@example.com with “Front of House Assistant Application” as the subject. Or post to: Recruitment, Arts at the Old Fire Station, 40 George Street, Oxford OX1 2AQ
2. Fill in the Demographics Form online here. Please note this will be completely separate from your application and should be filled in anonymously.
Deadline for applications: 10.00am Monday 29 July 2019
Interviews will be held on Friday 2 August 2019
Volunteer with Us
We are looking for people to join our lovely friendly team of Front of House volunteers. This role involves welcoming members of the audience on show nights, so is mainly evenings. You get to watch the shows too! Interested? Then drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Arts at the Old Fire Station runs training and volunteer opportunities for homeless and vulnerably housed people. Unfortunately we do not have capacity to support school or college work experience as well.