An introduction to artwork created by the six artists who currently work in the Old Fire Station’s studios.
The work showcases small individual pieces representing each artist’s individual and varied arts practice. This exhibition will give you a flavour of what’s to come in the future from these emerging artists.
- Lucy Proctor is a mixed media artist who presents her work her work as a series of psychological landscapes. Her paintings and sculptures explore the complexities of the human condition, reflecting their personal circumstances and physical environment.
- Lauren Baldwin is a mixed media artist, primarily working with found materials to create collages and artist books exploring themes of preservation and memories.
- Drawings, printmaking and ceramics examine processes with similarities and opposing aspects in Ellen Love‘s work.
- Kieran Stiles is a contemporary landscape painter. His experimental use of paint with all its curious touches and surprising textures, conveys a meditative quietness which characterises his work, and links with his abstracted responses to landscape to shape a powerful sense of place.
- Emma Titcombe is a Social Practice Artist currently studying at the Tavistock and Portman Clinic in London, with specific interests in arts and mental health.