Lights Up: Round Two
Got an artistic idea to light up our imagination and make connections between people?
We’d like to commission five artists to make a piece of work we can share online.
Here’s the deal:
- £500 commission fee
- You make something in any medium that can be shared online – it could be digital theatre or sound work, something interactive, pieces that are photographed or recorded, – there are no rules!
- You consider connection and relationships when making the work
We would like the work to be ready by 31 March 2021, but this is negotiable if your project will take longer.
Send the following information:
- Your name and contact details (this must include an email address)
- 100 words about you and your work
- 200 words on why you would like to take part and what you would like to create
- Up to six examples of your work (as a link or attachment)
Send these to Alex: firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am, Monday 1 February.
The AOFS team will select five artists. We are particularly interested in artists who:
- Are local to Oxford
- Are at the start of their career, or returning after a break
- Face disadvantage due to race, disability, socio-economic status or any other characteristic
You do not have to be local to Oxford to apply. You do need to be based in the UK. Your piece can be a collaboration between more than one artist.
If you are selected, we will pay you £500 in total up front. This should cover your time, expenses and materials, so please be realistic about what you can deliver with the money.
Work will be selected by:
- Alex Coke, Marketing & Programming Manager for AOFS
- Amy Beddow, Acting Visual Arts Programme Manager for AOFS
- Amelia Thornber, independent theatre producer
- Ashanti Wheeler-Artwell, Marketing & Development Assistant for AOFS/spoken word artist and theatre-maker