The Old Fire Station is an arts centre in central Oxford looking for ways to entertain, support artists and include people facing tough times in a public building. We used some of the learning from our first six years to provoke debate about how arts organisations can create inclusive public spaces, build bridges across boundaries and foster good quality relationships. How can we influence systems change and place-based change?
The day included
- A presentation of stories emerging from the Old Fire Station
- A chance to learn about storytelling evaluation methodology
- Short presentations about national and local significance.
- Group discussion about the potential for relationship based organisation
- A panel debate including senior leaders from funding bodies
- Premiere showing of our documentary about ‘Hidden Spire’ by BAFTA award winning Moving Target Films.