You are welcome here.
This space is dedicated to providing a safe experience for everyone free from discrimination and harassment of any kind, regardless of age, class, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other characteristic.
We do not tolerate discrimination in any form.
If you see or experience any behaviour that makes you feel unsafe or unwelcome in this building, please report this to a member of staff in person or via this form.
Discrimination or harassment includes but is not limited to:
- Offensive verbal comments related to age, class, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other characteristic.
- Threatening or victimising another person
- Inappropriate images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following.
- Taking photographs or recordings without permission.
- Sustained disruption of shows or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome attention.
- Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behaviour
If you engage in behaviour that is hurtful to others, we will take appropriate action, which may include asking you to leave.
We will follow and uphold our Building Code of Conduct in everything we do and will communicate this policy to all staff, volunteers, and other users of the building. It will be displayed publicly for all users of the building to see. We will take action if you report a breach of our code of conduct, or are made to feel unsafe or unwelcome in any of our spaces (including online), we will work with you to ensure an appropriate response in line with our Complaints Procedure (link here).
We acknowledge that our understanding of language and behaviour can change and we should be challenged when appropriate. We commit to listen, reflect and learn.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. You can make a report either personally or anonymously.
You can speak to a member of staff or management directly on-site and/or report any inappropriate behaviour or harassment via the contact details below. Staff and contractors can also make reports through our company complaints procedure.
You can report any incident to us by:
- Emailing the Deputy Director; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter or note FAO Deputy Director, 40 George Street, Oxford, OX1 2AQ
- Calling us on this number 01865263980 or leaving a message.
- Speaking to a member or staff. Staff can be found behind any counter (reception, box office and café).
- Filling in our Code of Conduct form, available here
When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you are in a safe space and cannot be overheard. They may involve other staff to ensure your report is managed properly. Once safe, we’ll ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we’ll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won’t be asked to confront anyone and we won’t tell anyone who you are.
You can report an incident anonymously here. This platform does not require you to leave an email address or any personal details.
We can’t follow up an anonymous report with you directly, but we will fully investigate it and take whatever action we can to prevent it from happening again.
If you leave an anonymous report we are unable to feed back to you directly, but we will ensure every report is thoroughly investigated and appropriate action taken.
Your Personal Data
If you fill in the report with your contact details we will only use those details to feedback to you about any action we have taken about your complaint. We collate information about any incidents and make it anonymous for reporting purposes.